domingo, 15 de agosto de 2010

The Boxer - Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel

The Boxer

I am just a poor boy, though my story’s seldom told.
I have squandered my resistance,
For a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises.
All lies and jest.
Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.


When I left my home and my family I was no more than a boy,
In the company of strangers,
In the quiet of a railway station, runnin’ scared.
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters,
Where the ragged people go.
Lookin’ for the places, only they would know.


Lie-la-lie ...

Asking only workman’s wages I come lookin’ for a job,
But I get no offers,
Just a come-on from the whores on seventh avenue.
I do declare there were times when I was so lonesome,
I took some comfort there.
Oooh la, la, la ...


And the years are rollin’ by me.
They are rockin’ evenly.
I am older than I once was, and younger than I’ll be.
That’s not unusual.
It isn’t strange,
After changes upon changes, we are more or less the same.
After changes, we are more or less the same.


Lie-la-lie ...

Then I’m laying out my winter clothes and wishing I was gone,
Going home, where the new york city winters aren’t bleedin’ me.
Leadin’ me, to goin’ home.


In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade,
And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down,
Or cut him ’til he cried out in his anger and his shame,
I am leaving, I am leaving.
But the fighter still remains.
Lie-la-lie ...

O lutador
 
Eu sou apenas um pobre rapaz, embora a minha história seja raramente contada 
Minha resistência se esgotou 
Por um bolso cheio de sonhos, como promessas 
Todas  de mentira e gozação 
Um homem ainda escuta o que ele quer ouvir e fica desatento ao resto 
 
Quando eu deixei minha casa e minha família, eu não era mais do que um guri 
Na companhia de estranhos 
No silêncio de uma estação ferroviária, correndo assustado 
Dormindo à toa, procurando pelos mais baratos dormitórios 
Onde as piores pessoas pisavam 
Procurando pelos lugares que somente eles conheciam 
 
LIE-LA-LIE ... 
 
Querendo apenas ganhar a vida eu vim procurar um bico 
Mas eu não conseguí nada 
Além de um mulheril na sétima avenida  
Eu realmente confesso que houve momentos que eu estava tão solitário 
Que tive algum conforto por lá 
 
OOOH LA, LA, LA ... 
 
Agora que os anos estão passando por mim, 
eles estão passando uniformemente 
E eu estou mais velho do eu era antes, mais jovem do que eu serei, 
Isso não é tão extraordinário assim 
Embora isso não seja estranho, 
depois de mudanças sobre mudanças 
Nós somos mais ou menos o mesmo 
Após mudanças nós somos mais ou menos o mesmo 
 
LI LA LI ... 
 
E eu estou tentando vender as minhas roupas de inverno 
No intuito de voltar pra casa 
Onde os invernos da cidade de Nova York não estejam me sagrando 
Conduzindo-me de volta para casa 
 
Na clareira mora um lutador, e é um lutador por ofício 
E ele carrega as lembranças de cada luva 
Que o derrubaram 
Ou lhe feriram até que ele gritou na sua íra e em sua vergonha? 
Eu estou desistindo, eu estou jogando a toalha? 
Mas o lutador ainda permanece.  
 
LIE-LA-LIE... 


C                                                Am 
I am just a poor boy, though my story's seldom told 
           G 
I have squandered my resistance  
                      C 
For a pocketful of mumbles such are promises 
             Am            G                  F 
All lies and jest still a man hears what he wants to hear  
                    C      G    C 
And disregards the rest 
                                                     Am 
When I left my home and family I was no more than a boy 
         G 
In the company of strangers 
        Dm7        C 
In the quiet of a railway station running scared 
       Am           G                F 
Laying low seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go 
         G              F    Em   Dm    C 
Looking for the places only they would know 
        Am 
Lie-la-lie 
        G 
Lie-la-lie la lie-la-lie 
        Am 
Lie la lie 
G                       F           G   C 
Lie-la-lie la la la la lie la la la la lie 
                                                 Am 
Asking only workmans wages I come looking for a job 
                G 
But I get no offers 
         Dm7              C 
Just a come-on from the whores on seventh avenue 
        Am                 Dm7     G     F                                 C 
I do declare there were times when I was so lonesome I took some comfort there 
        G               C 
Ooo-la-la la la la la 
 
        Am 
Lie-la-lie 
        G 
Lie-la-lie la lie-la-lie 
        Am 
Lie la lie 
G                       F           G   C 
Lie-la-lie la la la la lie la la la la lie 
 
C 
Then I'm laying out my winter clothes 
G7  C              Am 
And wishing I was gone  
       G             Dm7      G7               G  C 
Going home where the New York City winters aren't bleeding me 
            Am 
Leading me 
        G 
Going Home 
       C                                            Am 
In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade 
          G 
And he carries the reminders  
    G7               C                        Dm7     G7        C 
Of ev'ry glove that laid him down or cut him 'till he cried out 
                        Am 
In his anger and his shame 
        G              F                              C 
"I am Leaving, I am Leaving."  But the Fighter still remains 
 
G C  G      F      C 
 
        Am 
Lie-la-lie 
        G 
Lie-la-lie la lie-la-lie 
        Am 
Lie la lie 
 G                        F             Am 
Lie-la-lie la la la la lie la la la la lie 
 
 
Repeat & Fade 



Nenhum comentário:

Vamos conversar? O que você (não) entendeu?